Thursday 15 September 2011

nino paulito @ thames festival


The schedule of summer events staged along the Southbank this year have been quite impressive. I pretty much live by the river now so was able to see everything it had to offer. There was the bizarre Alien meets Teletubbies opera that was Planet Lem, Performance Art wankery with Gandini'sLa Boite Noir theatre, the phenomal talents of Circolombia and also the opportunity to indulge my inner magpie at The Vintage Festival.

The Thames Festival took place last weekend and marked the end of the Southbank's summer activities. Hosted by Mayor Boris, it was weekend of free events, workshops, food & craft stalls, live music and dance which stretched along a good length of the river. The grand finale included a night carnival procession followed by a riverside firworks show.
I went, it was alrite. Loved the craft trail and food stalls but majority was a bit crap selling the kind of crassly designed, faux ethnic bollocks you'd find being sold by some dreadlock, bone ear piercing tosser by Camden Market. I bumped into my nice Etsy UK chum by the tea n cake stand who gave me bunch of free stuff including postcards and special tea towel above. I also found a horn on the floor and honked it. A lot.


Nino Paulito

No comments:

Post a Comment